Hey look, I made a Plantain tee.
I traced a straight size 46 for this one. Next time I’ll probably go down a size; there’s plenty of room, though it’s still a comfortable fit.
Not much to say about this pattern. It’s a basic t-shirt and I made the most basic version of it. Happily, this is almost exactly the style of t-shirt that I get the most wear out of, so I suspect I’ll be using this pattern many more times in the future. It’ll be nice to have a looser-fitting pattern to complement the close-fitting Renfrew Top, which I’ve already made four of. At some point I’d love to try the longer-sleeved version with elbow patches…
The fabric was some cheap cotton knit from Girlcharlee that I got for $1.50/yd; I used just over a yard of it. Since the pattern was free, I’d say this is one of my surprisingly economical makes!
More than anything, this was serger + speed practice. It took me about four hours start to finish to make this shirt. Progress! I’m still working on learning how to sew neckbands on my serger though….circles are hard.